I. Name, Location, Business Year
1. The name of this association is
Karl König Institute
for Art, Science and Social Life
2. Location of the association is Berlin.
3. The association shall be registered with the official register
of associations of the District Court of Berlin.
4. The financial year is the same as the calendar year.
II. Objective of the Association, Application
of Financial Resources
1. The association solely and directly pursues charitable public
welfare objectives within the meaning of the section „tax-deductible purposes“
of the tax law.
2. Objective of the association is the promotion of art, science
and research as well as of culture and education.
3. The objective of the association shall be realised by supporting
the work of the Karl König Archives and research projects and scientific events
evolving out of it. with the specific purpose to work on, examine
and develop questions of ethics and ethical
conduct, education and general human education in word, writing
and deed. Its operations are based on Karl König's
research into art, science and social life as found in his literate estate. Art plays an integral part as a
medium of ethical development and as a path of practice in social competence. The ongoing process and the results of its operations
shall be made available to the public for cultural and educational purposes. This
shall be achieved through publications, through lectures, seminars and exhibitions. All research will be published
in a timely manner.
4. The association acts on non-profit basis. It does not pursue
any self-economic purposes.
5. Resources of the association may only be used for the purposes
covered by the statutes.
6. As a matter of principle, all duties within the association shall
be performed in an honorary capacity. In deviation from this principle, members of
the executive board may be reimbursed for expenses incurred. Reimbursement shall be made in the form
of a flat-rate expense allowance or reimbursement for services rendered (e.g. flat rate for services provided
in a honorary capacity in the amount of the tax exempt allowance in accordance with § 3 No.
26A German Income Tax Act.) The decisions of the competent elements of the association, the rules and maximum
limits of the tax law as well as the financial capacity of the association shall be decisive.
1. Any natural or juristic person who wants to support the objective
of the association can join the association. The membership application will be considered
by the executive board.
2. A member may resign membership at any time by written notice
to the executive board.
3. The general assembly is authorised to exclude a member from the
association with a three-quarters majority of votes of the members present.
4. Membership shall expire if the stipulated membership dues have
not been paid for two years.
5. The amount of the annual membership dues shall be determined
by the general assembly.
IV. General Assembly
1. A general assembly shall be held at least once a year. It shall
be convened by the executive board.
2 The executive board may convene an extraordinary assembly if it
deems it necessary for good cause. It shall convene an extraordinary assembly within two months,
if one quarter of the members of the association demands it indicating objective and reasons.
3. The invitation to an assembly must have been received by the
members at least two weeks in advance in writing, announcing time and place of the
assembly and the agenda. The invitation to an ordinary assembly
shall also include an annual report and
information about the number of members.
4. The assembly shall be presided over by the chairman of the executive
board, or in case of being prevented by any other member of the board.
5. The annual accounts and the report of activities shall be submitted
in writing to the assembly for approval and decision on the release of the executive
board. The assembly shall appoint two auditors, who shall not belong to the executive board, to audit
the accounts including the annual report and to inform the assembly about their findings.
6. The general assembly shall decide on all matters of the association
that are not reserved to the executive board, particularly on changes to the statutes
orthe dissolution of the association.
7. The general assembly constitutes a quorum provided it was properly
convened. It passes decisions with a majority of the voting members present.
Changes to the statutes or the decision to dissolve the association require a three-quarter majority of the
voting members present. These decisions can only be passed on due announcement in the invitation to the assembly.
8. The decisions made in the general assembly shall be recorded
in writing and signed by the person presiding over the assembly and the secretary and
shall be approved by the subsequent general assembly.
V. Executive Board
1. The executive board shall consist of the president, the vice
president, the secretary, the treasurer and three additional members.
2. The members of the executive board shall be elected from the
members of the association for a period of three years. The board members shall remain
in office on expiration of their tenure of office until a new board has been elected. Re-election is
3. In case of early resignation of a member of the executive board
the other members of the executive board shall be entitled to elect a substitute to stand
in until the next general assembly. The general assembly may revoke the election of a board member at
any time; in this case the general assembly shall elect a successoruntil the next election of the executive
4. The president and the vice president shall each have the – sole
– power of representation of the association, both judicially and extra-judicially. For
the purpose of legal acts with other charitable organisations the
members of the executive board may be relieved
from the restrictions as set forth in Section 181 German Civil Code.
5. The president shall convene the meeting of the executive board
in writing with a 4 weeks notice announcing the agenda as well as time and place of
the meeting. He shall be obligated to convene a meeting within one month if two members of the board demand
6. The executive board constitutes a quorum provided three of its
members are present. It passes decisions with a majority of the voting members present.
The decisions made in a board meeting shall be recorded in writing and signed by the person presiding
over meeting and the secretary.
VI. Dissolution of the Association
1. In case of dissolution or annulment of the association or the
cessation of the current purpose, the resources of the association will devolve upon the
following charitable organisation, who shall directly and solely
use it for purposes in line with its statutes.
„Freunde der Erziehungskunst Rudolf Steiners“ gemeinnütziger
Dr Kurt Becker, Regine Bruhn, Anthony Foskett, Dr Stefan Geider,
Christoph Hänni, Dr Konrad Schily,
Richard Steel, Dr. Anne Weise, Anita Pedersen, Crispian Villeneuve,
Karl König Institute
An initiative of the Camphill Movement
Please make cheques payable to Karl König Archive. For European
accounts see German page.
Tax- deductable Donations in the USA can be transferred easily
via RSF Social Finance:
please just write checks to RSF Social Finance at 1002A O'Reilly
Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129 with "Karl König Archive"
written in the memo line or donate online